I hope all of you and your families are well as we continue this year of complex and unexpected challenges. The response to each has been swift and sure – I am so impressed with how everyone across the DUS® network continues to rise to the occasion and serve our customers.
Though many of us are working from home, we’ve had a productive year. Loan volumes are high, yet we’re responding efficiently, thanks in large part to investments we’ve made in our technology infrastructure.
As the newly minted Multifamily Chief Operating Officer, I have a great vantage point on the significant improvements resulting from these investments. Automated pricing, launched last summer, is a great example, as it allows for:
- Pricing and processing without much manual intervention;
- Feedback in near real time (including holidays, evenings, and weekends); and
- More time for Fannie Mae staff to take on analytical work and shepherd more complex deals.
Another recent highlight is the November 9 launch of DUS 360®. The application:
- Provides tracking functionality to Servicers;
- Enhances the capabilities of the Fannie Mae Portfolio Risk Management team;
- Creates much-needed automation for the Special Asset Management Team and Servicers to help manage cases in forbearance; and
- Allows for more efficient transfer of data and documents through DUS 360 and complementary systems like DUS DocWay.
The DUS 360 release is just one example of how we’ve been able to continue to provide solutions in unexpected market conditions. In the coming year, we’ll remain focused on digital transformation work. While progress is certain, we’re prepared for the form it will take to shift. This year has been a lesson in embracing flexibility to tackle priorities that deliver value to you, and we’re ready to adapt to your needs and the needs of the market. Please continue to share your feedback with us.
I wish all of you the best as we stay focused on finishing the year strong, and I look forward to meeting the challenges and opportunities to come in 2021.