Today, we released our second quarter 2022 financial results and filed our Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2022 with the SEC. Below are some highlights from our filing.
Multifamily Business Highlights
- Multifamily provided liquidity for approximately 156,000 units of rental housing in the second quarter of 2022; approximately 93% of the units that were potentially eligible for housing goals credit were affordable to those earning at or below 120% of the median income in their area, providing support for both workforce housing and affordable housing.
- Multifamily revenue was driven by $1.2 billion in net interest income. Over 65% of our multifamily net interest income in the second quarter of 2022 was derived from guaranty fee income, which continued to provide a stable driver of earnings for the business.
- As of June 30, 2022, more than 95% of the loans in the company’s multifamily guaranty book of business that had received a forbearance, measured by unpaid principal balance, were in a repayment plan or reinstated
- Fannie Mae reported net income of $4.7 billion for the second quarter of 2022 compared with $4.4 billion for the first quarter of 2022. The increase in net income compared with the prior quarter was driven primarily by an increase in net interest income.
- Fannie Mae’s net worth increased to $56.4 billion as of June 30, 2022.
- Fannie Mae provided $447 billion in liquidity to the mortgage market in the first half of 2022, enabling the financing of approximately 1.7 million home purchases, refinancings, and rental units.
More information is available here:
Q2 2022 Form 10-Q
Q2 2022 Press Release
Q2 2022 Financial Supplement