Healthy Housing Rewards™ Enhanced Resident Services™
Fannie Mae Multifamily offers Healthy Housing Rewards Enhanced Resident Services, a product feature that provides lower pricing to finance affordable properties with enhanced resident services that improve the health and stability of their residents.
Enhanced Resident Services include health and wellness services, work and financial capability support, and more.
- Lower interest rate
- Initial Sponsor certification and Property certification reimbursed by Fannie Mae
- Flexible underwriting to specific affordable developments
- Flexible loan terms, and fixed- or variable-rate financing options
- Certainty and speed of execution
- Multifamily properties with rent or income restrictions where at least 50% of the units are affordable to households earning no more than 80% of Area Median Income. Both MAH and SIA properties may be eligible.
- Sponsors, or 3rd party service provider, must obtain CORES certification from an approved Fannie Mae provider.
- Borrowers must obtain Property-level Enhanced Resident Services certification from an approved Fannie Mae provider.
- One-time benefit per Borrower per Property. Cannot be combined with Healthy Housing Rewards Healthy Design benefits.
Up to 35 years.
Service Provider Certification
Cost of initial Service Provider certification, up to $5,500 will be reimbursed by Fannie Mae. Service Provider must obtain recertification every 5 years.
Property Level Certification
Cost of initial property-level certification, up to $750 will be reimbursed by Fannie Mae. Borrower must obtain yearly Property re-certification.
Fixed- and variable-rate options available.
Varies by product type.
Varies by product type.
Flexible prepayment options available including yield maintenance and declining prepayment premium.
No minimum or maximum.
30- to 180-day commitments. Borrowers may use the Streamlined Rate Lock option. Confirmation of Sponsor-level and Property-level Enhanced Resident Services certifications is required prior to Rate Lock.
30/360 and Actual/360.
Non-recourse execution is available, with required standard carve-outs for “bad acts” such as fraud and bankruptcy, as well as for failure to maintain required Service Provider and Property-level certifications throughout the loan term.
Standard third-party reports, including Appraisal, Phase I Environmental Assessment, and a Property Condition Assessment, are required. Confirmation of Healthy Housing Rewards eligibility is required.
Mortgage Loans are typically assumable, subject to review and approval of the new borrower’s financial capacity and experience.