Reduced Occupancy Affordable Rehab (ROAR) Execution
Permanent mortgage loan financing for Multifamily Affordable Housing (MAH) Properties in need of renovations, eliminating the need for a construction loan.
- Flexible permanent loan solution that allows the sponsor to rehabilitate more efficiently
- Eliminates need for a construction loan or forward commitment
- Increased leverage opportunities when underwritten to as-improved rents
- Interest only during rehab period
- Existing, stabilized Multifamily Affordable Housing properties undergoing renovations
- Borrowers and Lenders with demonstrated experience
- Available for both acquisition and refinance
5 - 30 years.
Up to 35 years.
Fixed- and variable-rate options. Variable-rate only available for a Credit Enhancement Mortgage Loan for a bond transaction.
Up to 90% “as stabilized.”
1.15x – 1.20x “as stabilized.”
Cash or Credit Enhancement Mortgage Loan for a bond transaction. Interest only available, structured to match the rehab period.
$5,000,000 minimum; no maximum.
Stabilized Multifamily Affordable Housing properties undergoing renovations up to $120,000 per unit.
Strong borrowers with demonstrated tenant-in place rehab track record.
30- to 180-day commitments.
Flexible prepayment options available, including yield maintenance and declining prepayment premium.
12 – 15 months.
Rehab Period Occupancy
During the rehabilitation period occupancy may drop from stabilized levels to a minimum of 50%.
Rehab Period – DSCR
During the rehabilitation period, DSCR may drop from stabilized levels to a minimum of:
• 1.0x (Interest-only basis)
• 0.75x (Amortizing basis)
Rehab funds escrowed by Lender.
Fully stabilized no later than 15 months after Mortgage Loan origination.
Fannie Mae UW Fee
Non-recourse execution with standard carve-outs for “bad acts” such as fraud and bankruptcy. Construction Completion and Operating Deficit Guarantees required during the rehab and stabilization period.