"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." This is one of my favorite quotes and it certainly captures the sentiment for our business in 2016.
Because together, we indeed accomplished a great deal in support of the multifamily market, including more than $55 billion in new production -- the highest volume in the history of our DUS® program. We also broke records with Green Financing, Multifamily Affordable Housing, and Structured Transactions, with over $3.5 billion, over $4 billion and $4.5 billion in volume, respectively.
I would like to thank all of our Lenders, and especially recognize our top 10 DUS Producers for 2016 as follows:
- Wells Fargo Multifamily Capital
- Walker & Dunlop, LLC
- CBRE Multifamily Capital, Inc.
- Berkadia Commercial Mortgage, LLC
- Berkeley Point Capital LLC
- Capital One Multifamily Finance, LLC
- Prudential Mortgage Capital Company
- Arbor Commercial Funding l, LLC
- Greystone Servicing Corporation, Inc.
- KeyBank National Association
Although this record volume is an extraordinary feat, what is most impressive is the quality, profitable business that we continue to do together in support of affordable and workforce housing, and the value that it has created -- value for you, our partners, value for the borrowers who we serve, and value for the investors who buy our DUS MBS. In fact, more investors purchased our securities than ever before, and 99 percent of our business was securitized in 2016. We provided additional liquidity to the market by issuing over $10 billion in Guaranteed Multifamily Structures (Fannie Mae GeMs™).
This record-breaking volume put our risk-sharing DUS model to the test -- and I'm thrilled it passed with flying colors. Thanks to Delegation, you are able to do more production with greater certainty of execution, providing your borrowers with faster decisions and quicker loan closings. Delegation is at the heart of our business model and differentiates us from the competition. We made great strides this past year in increasing Lender Delegation and will continue to look for opportunities to expand on this in 2017.
None of this would have been possible without our continued investment in our technology. DUS Gateway™ is a significant force that has improved how we manage our production pipeline -- giving you deal information at your fingertips, in a centralized and transparent way. We will continue to enhance this system and are excited to be rolling out additional technology applications this year that will enhance our securities disclosures and our servicing platform.
You helped us better ourselves by taking the first-ever Customer Loyalty Survey back in 2015. You asked for more frequent and transparent communication and we took that feedback to heart by implementing several new efforts in 2016 to enhance our communication and continue to build on our successful partnership, including:
- Establishing the DUS Originator Subcommittee to create a feedback loop with your production staff and to provide guidance on products and better ways to market DUS;
- Holding Originator Outreach Events across the country to create more engagement and training opportunities;
- Communicating biweekly through the Multifamily Minute to provide timely information on production and how we're managing to the volume cap, pricing, capital markets, and credit; and,
- Scheduling Monthly Production Calls to reinforce all of the information through the other communications vehicles and to provide deep dives on products and markets.
Thank you once again for taking the Customer Loyalty Survey this past fall and for recognizing our efforts to improve in all of these areas. The 2016 overall results are very positive and will shape our on-going efforts to be your preferred housing partner.
We are committed to being your most reliable source of financing and securitization in every market, every day and will continue to work hard to earn your business.
Happy New Year!